Federal workplace safety officials are investigating the death of an East Peoria man electrocuted while working on a utility pole. 35 year-old Ryan-Michael Regan was working for an Ameren contractor when he was killed in Pekin. A spokeswoman for Ameren Illinois says Regan worked for J.F. Electric Inc. of Edwardsville, which had been contracted to do work on utility poles. Utility spokeswoman Stacy Shangraw says the company still isn't sure what happened, but is working with investigators from the federal Occupational Safety and Health Administration.
Support Your Public Radio Station