Jump over the site's section navigation.

Firefighters rescue unconscious woman from flames

Thu, 18 Apr 2013 14:40:25 CDT
By: Charlie Schlenker

Bloomington Firefighters rescued an unconscious soot covered 86 year old woman from her burning home. She remains hospitalized after taking refuge in her bathroom and being overcome by smoke and fumes from the fire on East Lafayette Street. Bloomington and Normal firefighters battled the flames into the early morning hours. The fire killed two cats.

Support Your Public Radio Station