Jump over the site's section navigation.

Country Financial survey shows lower income Americans fear job loss

Thu, 04 Oct 2012 15:40:01 CDT
By: Jim Browne

Country Financial survey shows lower income Americans fear job loss Even though nearly 80% of Americans, say they feel secure about their employment, that leaves about 20% worried they'll lose their jobs. That's according to the latest Country Financial Survey.   Troy Frerichs, senior investment office at the Bloomington-based company, says lower income Americans are the most worried.

    

The Country survey shows 30 percent of people in that range fear they'll be unemployed within three months. Frerichs says there's also an educational factor at play.

   

Frerichs says a lack of a degree or high school diploma contributes to the uncertainty. Compounding the problem, only 36 percent of Americans earning between $20,000-and-$40,000 expect to be earning more money a year from now.

   

Support Your Public Radio Station