Jump over the site's section navigation.

Coroner IDs rural Danvers man who died

Thu, 15 Mar 2012 17:23:18 CDT
By: Charlie Schlenker




The McLean County Coroner has released the identity of the man who died near Danvers after going outside to burn trash near his Spin Lake home. An Autopsy shows 73-year old Ronald Sanko had signs of cardiac disease and second and third degree burns. Coroner Beth Kimmerling says further testing including carbon monoxide levels in Sanko's blood stream may help determine whether the heart issues caused the death or whether Sanko was overcome by fumes from the fire and collapsed face down into drainage pipe discharge before the fire rolled over him. Those tests could take up to a month to complete.

Support Your Public Radio Station