State Budget: The Challenges Ahead
Sound Ideas live broadcast at the Normal Theater
Thursday, Aug. 24
5:30 p.m. - Doors open for light refreshments
6 p.m. - Live broadcast begins
In partnership with NPR Illinois, GLT is hosting an Illinois Issues panel discussion addressing the challenges facing our community following the budget battle in Springfield. Join moderator Charlie Schlenker and panelists from several local constituencies impacted by the State's impasse.
- Mark Jontry – Regional Superintendent of Schools
- Mark Peterson – City Manager, Town of Normal
- Vicki Hightower – Vice President for Adult Services YWCA McLean County
- Cheryl Gaines – CEO Institute for Collaborative Services
- Laura Furlong – CEO Marcfirst and member of Illinois Partners for Human Services
We welcome audience questions. You have the opportunity to submit a question to our newsroom here. You can also fill out a question card at the event.
Lead sponsor: AARP Illinois
Contributing sponsors: Town of Normal/Normal Theater, The Garlic Press Market Cafe