GLT is partnering with true crime podcast Suspect Convictions to explore the 1998 murder of 3-year-old Bloomington girl Christina McNeil.
Her father was convicted of the crime but has long maintained his innocence, claiming an ex-girlfriend was the real killer—the same woman later convicted in a separate murder. New episodes air Fridays on GLT’s Sound Ideas. You can also subscribe to the podcast.
This week marks the final episode of Season 2 of Suspect Convictions.
Hosts Willis Kern and Scott Reeder recap what they’ve discovered over the first 13 episodes covering Barton McNeil’s conviction. And they look ahead at what’s next for the Illinois Innocence Project, which is expected to file motions seeking a new trial for McNeil in the coming months.
You can revisit past episode recaps on WGLT.org:
- Episode 1: Frantic 911 Calls Reveal Father's Grief
- Episode 2: Window Reveals Web Of Evidence
- Episode 3: Does Modern Forensics Undercut Sex Assault Motive?
- Episode 4: True-Crime Experts Give Case Fresh Look
- Episode 5: How Did Misook Become A Killer?
- Episode 6: Shades of 'Serial' In McNeil Case
- Episode 7: An Unusual Crime, But Enough To Exonerate?
- Episode 8: Tough Questions For Bart
- Episode 9: New Look At DNA Evidence
- Episode 10: A Letter From Misook
- Episode 11: Fighting For Their Cousin
- Episode 12: A Curious Bed Purchase
- Episode 13: Bart Before Prison
GLT and the Suspect Convictions podcast will continue to monitor the case and any developments. If there any developments, expect new episodes of the podcast.
“We’re going to have some pretty interesting court appearances coming up in McLean County,” said Reeder.
Listen to Episode 14:
WGLT depends on financial support from users to bring you stories and interviews like this one. As someone who values experienced, knowledgeable, and award-winning journalists covering meaningful stories in central Illinois, please consider making a contribution.