At an upcoming Easter Seals event, you not only get a chance to walk to raise money to help kids with disabilities, you get a chance to walk with a champion.
- Easter Seals Walk With Me: A Walk With Champions is Saturday, July 22, at Hancock Stadium in Normal.
- The champions of the event are the kids of Easter Seals, and the funds raised for the walk provide services to children with disabilities, and help give them the opportunity to live, learn, work, and play in our community.
- Each team that participates in the walk around the track at Hancock will be paired off with an Easter Seals family that will benefit from their efforts.
- The goal for this event is $100,000.
- After the walk, there's a variety of activities, including a bouncy house for the kids.
- Registration is easy. Just stop by the Easter Seals Central Illinois Facebook page.
WGLT depends on financial support from users to bring you stories and interviews like this one. As someone who values experienced, knowledgeable, and award-winning journalists covering meaningful stories in central Illinois, please consider making a contribution.