Community Players in Bloomington is staging the musical "Sister Act," which is based on the popular film starring Whoopi Goldberg.
- Assistant Director Ashleigh Feger describes the show as a feel-good musical that shows that everyone is human, everyone makes mistakes and everyone deserves a chance to turn their lives around.
- The show is based upon the popular film, though Feger says the play has somewhat different songs, with a gospel R&B feel to the music.
- The show follows a nightclub singer who is on the run from the mob after witnessing a hit. She takes refuge in a convent and proceeds to shakeup the lives of the nuns there.
- Latrisha Green plays the lead and is relatively new to Community Players. Longtime Community Players participant Sharon Russell plays the Mother Superior.
- The show opens with a pay-what-you-can night on Nov. 2 and continues through Nov. 19.
WGLT depends on financial support from users to bring you stories and interviews like this one. As someone who values experienced, knowledgeable, and award-winning journalists covering meaningful stories in central Illinois, please consider making a contribution.