Witches and ghosts populate the plays of William Shakespeare, so it's natural that they'll be called upon to headline in what's become a new Halloween favorite in the Twin Cities.
- The Illinois Shakespeare Festival is hosting the 3rd Annual ShakesFear event, running form 7 to 10 PM, Oct. 27 - 29 at the Ewing Cultural Center in Bloomington.
- Guests follow a haunted trail around the Ewing property, guided by the ghost of the Bard himself.
- ShakesFear gives attendees a chance to explore areas that the public is not normally allowed, like backstage in the Shakespeare Theater.
- For small children, there are activities such as crafts in the Ewing courtyard while their parents go on the tour.
- This is a popular event, so it's recommended to have reservations in advance for ShakesFear.