Normally, dashing pell-mell into a lake in the middle of February would be considered simply bonkers. Not so when it's for a good cause.
- The 2018 Bloomington Polar Plunge for Special Olympics challenges participants to charge into the frigid waters of Miller Park Lake to raise money for Special Olympics Athletes.
- The Plunge is Saturday, Feb. 24, at Miller Park's lake.
- Registration begins at 9 a.m.
- All Polar Plungers are required to collect of minimum of $100 in donations. Plungers can dress in costume and form teams of families and friends.
- This is the largest fundraiser of the year for Special Olympics Illinois.
- Proceeds support the athletes and their endeavors.
WGLT depends on financial support from users to bring you stories and interviews like this one. As someone who values experienced, knowledgeable, and award-winning journalists covering meaningful stories in central Illinois, please consider making a contribution.