Artists Jan Brandt and Jeannie Breitweiser have teamed up in a new space that will allow them to create and also celebrate the creativity of others.
- The previous Jan Brandt Gallery was in the old Coca-Cola Building in an industrial area of Bloomington. Sure it had character, but did it have air conditioning? Nope.
- Hence the new space at 1305 Morrissey Drive in Bloomington, a charming, cottage-like structure that will serve as studio space for both artists.
- Jeannie works in mixed media, while Jan has been increasingly creating with textiles.
- In addition to their creative space, the two artists have left room for artists from the community to come in for exhibitions.
- While they're still settling in, the artist are considering future events for the space, including possible art classes, both for adults and kids.
WGLT depends on financial support from users to bring you stories and interviews like this one. As someone who values experienced, knowledgeable, and award-winning journalists covering meaningful stories in central Illinois, please consider making a contribution.