The true spirit of Christmas can have a dark side.
- That's what author Sylvia Shults found when researching her latest book, "The Spirits of Christmas: The Dark Side of the Holidays."
- Shults is a central Illinois author who is well known for her books about the paranormal.
- Her new work is a collection of stories that shows that there's more than just Santa that can come down a chimney.
- The stories are culled from history and all around the world, dealing with Greek demons you don't want at your door, wistful Appalachian ghost stories, and how the ghost of a plucked chicken freaked out a WWII era soldier.
- Her publisher is White Chapel Productions and the book is now available at Amazon and other booksellers.
WGLT depends on financial support from users to bring you stories and interviews like this one. As someone who values experienced, knowledgeable, and award-winning journalists covering meaningful stories in central Illinois, please consider making a contribution.