The humble cookie can build confidence, teach leadership and help girls around the world.
- The Girl Scouts of Central Illinois are kicking off the 2018 Cookie Season with the annual Cookie Rally on Saturday, January 13, at 1 p.m. at the Shirk Center in Bloomington.
- A box of Girl Scout cookies costs $5, but the investment in the future of the girls selling the cookies is immeasurable.
- This year's cookie sale theme is geared towards the cookie entrepreneur, with a focus on educating young girls in a variety of business skills, plus confidence and leadership in their journey to earn their MCBA (Master's of Cookie Business Awesomeness). All for the price of a box of Thin Mints!
- The Girl Scouts focus on five key skills, including goal setting, decision making, money management, people skills and business ethics.
- The Scouts still sell door-to-door, plus at Eastland Mall. The funds they raise allow them to take educational trips.
WGLT depends on financial support from users to bring you stories and interviews like this one. As someone who values experienced, knowledgeable, and award-winning journalists covering meaningful stories in central Illinois, please consider making a contribution.