'Tis the season to tour some fabulously decorated historic homes in the Twin Cities, including Ewing Manor.
- Christmas at the Mansions is one opportunity you have to check out holiday bedecked homes. It's Saturday, Dec. 10, from 2 to 5 PM and 5 to 8 PM. The David Davis Mansion, Ewing Manor and a Mystery Mansion will be open for tours.
- Ewing Manor will also be open on Dec. 15 from 5 to 8 PM.
- The house has a pair of decor themes this year. Up in Mrs. Ewing suite, there's a bird theme, which is based on her love of and documentation of the birds on her property.
- Downstairs in the loggia, the staff at Ewing Cultural Center has recreated Christmas as the Ewing family celebrated it. Old family photos guided the choices of tree decorations, stockings and trimmings.
- And the house is lit up outside, too, with both red and green up lighting shining on the manor through the holiday season.