Community Players in Bloomington is staging a biting comedy/drama of family relations.
- "August: Osage County" by Tracy Letts tells a dark, hilarious and emotional story of a strong-willed family, whose lives have diverged until a family crisis brings them back home to a mountain of dysfunction.
- Winner of the 2008 Pulitzer Prize for Drama, the play premiered at the Steppenwolf Theatre in Chicago in 2007 and opened on Broadway in December of the same year. It won the Tony Award for Best Play, Best Leading Actress, Best Direction, Best Featured Actress and Best Scenic Design.
- The show is directed by John Poling.
- There's a preview of the black comedy on May 3.
- The show opens May 4 and runs through May 13.
People like you value experienced, knowledgeable and award-winning journalism that covers meaningful stories in Bloomington-Normal. To support more stories and interviews like this one, please consider making a contribution.