It took crews about an hour to get a fire under control early Thursday at a Bloomington apartment.
The fire was reported around 2:42 a.m. Thursday at a building in the 1400 block of North Lee Street, a few blocks west of Illinois Wesleyan University's campus, the Bloomington Fire Department said in a statement. Crews saw smoke coming from the second floor upon arrival.
It began as an accidental unattended cooking fire, officials said. Four residents were expected to receive help from the American Red Cross, officials said.
The damage to the building is estimated at $15,000.
People like you value experienced, knowledgeable and award-winning journalism that covers meaningful stories in Bloomington-Normal. To support more stories and interviews like this one, please consider making a contribution.