What is the GLT Friends Council?
The GLT Friends Council is a diverse group of people from the communities we serve who value independent, public radio and who have committed time and resources to further GLT's mission.
The main purpose of the Council is to increase the financial well being of WGLT to insure its ongoing operation. Additional activities include advocacy, and the opportunity for GLT staff to solicit and receive advisory opinions from a group that represents community perspectives.
The GLT Friends Council meets quarterly. The 2017 Council meetings will be held at the DoubleTree Hotel in Bloomington, IL at 5 PM on March 8, June 14, September 13 and November 8. Quarterly meeting minutes are available by request. Please email your request.
The GLT Friends Council
- Jerry Antonini, OSF Healthcare
- Phani Aytam, State Farm Companies
- Bruce Bergethon, GLT General Manager Emeritus
- Mercy Davison, Town of Normal
- John Elterich, State Farm Companies, retired
- Denise Geske, Fox & Hounds Day Spa
- Mia Jazo-Harris, State Farm Companies
- Eric Jensen, President Illinois Wesleyan University
- Curtis Hayden, McLean County Neurology
- Linda Kimber, Edward Jones, Inc.
- Julie Kubsch, Specs Around Town
- Rob McDade, Chair, Country Financial
- Julie Payne, Gailey Eye Clinic
- Alan Sender, Chestnut Health Systems
- Mary Margaret Simpson, Freelance writer
- Jeff Woodard, McLean County Museum of History
- Cat Woods, Co-Chair, Community Cancer Center
- Heather Young, OhmFit Activewear