What is the GLT Friends Council?
The GLT Friends Council is a diverse group of people from the communities we serve who value independent, public radio and who have committed time and resources to further GLT's mission.
The main purpose of the Council is to increase the financial well being of WGLT to insure its ongoing operation. Additional activities include advocacy, and the opportunity for GLT staff to solicit and receive advisory opinions from a group that represents community perspectives.
The GLT Friends Council meets quarterly. The 2018 Council meetings will be held at the DoubleTree Hotel in Bloomington, IL at 5 PM on March 7, June 13, September 12 and November 14. Quarterly meeting minutes are available by request. Please email your request.
The GLT Friends Council
- Jerry Antonini, OSF Healthcare
- Phani Aytam, State Farm Companies
- Bruce Bergethon, GLT General Manager Emeritus
- Justin M. Boyd, Representative, Country Financial
- Mercy Davison, Town of Normal
- John Elterich, State Farm Companies, retired
- Denise Geske, Fox & Hounds Day Spa
- Mia Jazo-Harris, State Farm Companies
- Eric Jensen, President Illinois Wesleyan University
- Jennifer Keigher, Town of Normal
- Linda Kimber, Edward Jones, Inc.
- Julie Kubsch, Specs Around Town
- Jean Lawyer, Retired, Country Financail
- Rob McDade, Chair, Country Financial
- Norris Porter, The Baby Fold
- Julie Payne, Eye Surgical Associates
- Alan Sender, Chestnut Health Systems
- Melanie Shellito, Artezen LLC
- Mary Margaret Simpson, Freelance writer
- Jeff Woodard, McLean County Museum of History
- Cat Woods, Co-Chair, Community Cancer Center
- Heather Young, OhmFit Activewear