Equal Employment Opportunity Reports
Narrative statement regarding employment outreach practices at WGLT
WGLT is guided in its employment practices by its parent institution, Illinois State University (ISU), an equal opportunity / affirmative action university encouraging diversity. All job searches for full time positions are conducted in compliance with Illinois State University Human Resources policy and procedure, which can be accessed via www.hr.ilstu.edu. Searches also comply with Illinois State University Affirmative Action policy.
Position vacancies are posted on the Illinois State University website and the WGLT web site. By Illinois State policy, position openings are listed in either The Chronicle of Higher Education or Black Issues in Higher Education.
Additional recruitment sources routinely notified of vacancies when they occur include the following:
- National Public Radio Job Listings on the web.
- Corporation for Public Broadcasting Job Listings on the web.
- Current Magazine, 6930 Carroll Ave, Suite 625, Takoma Park, MD 20912
- Hispanics in Public Radio, c/o KSJV-FM, 5005 E. Belmont Avenue, Fresno, CA 93727
- Native American Public Telecommunications Association, 1800 N.33rd St, Lincoln, NE 68503
- National Association of Blacks in Public Broadcasting, PO Box 73617, Washington, DC 20009
- PUBRADIO (electronic discussion group), email@example.com
- Local and regional newspapers including The Pantagraph (Bloomington/Normal), The Peoria Journal Star, the Champaign News Gazette, the Chicago Tribune
- Other public radio stations in Illinois
- Local chapters of Association of Women in Communications and Association of Fundraising Professionals