Yum! That mouthwatering recipe you heard on Market to Menu is right here.
Mango & Tomato Salsa
Simon Burke - Goodison Gardens
- 1 1/2 lbs. tomatoes
- 1 mango
- at least 3 cloves of garlic
- juice of one line
- 1 oz. of cilantro
- pinch salt
- either 1 jalapeno OR 1 chipotle pepper
Combine ingredients in blender and whiz together until chunky-smooth.
Zack Metzger - Samara Farm
Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Chop kale roughly, removing stems. Lightly oil a baking sheet. Spread kale on baking sheet and put in oven. Bake until kale is crispy and starts to brown at the edges. Remove from oven and salt liberally.
Bacon, Spinach & Tomato Salsa Sandwhich
Karen Harvey, Harvey Homestead
- 2 large tomatoes, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 T lime jiuce
- 8 slices cooked turkey bacon
- 4 10" flour tortillas
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1 T finely chopped jalapeno
- 1/8 tsp. kosher salt
- 1/4 cut light mayo
- 2 cups fresh spinach
In medium bowl, combine tomatoes, onion, cilantro and pepper. Stir in lime juice and salt. Spread mayo on tortillas, top with spinach. With slotted spoon, scoop salsa on spinach. Top with bacon. Roll up tortilla to enclose filling. Cut each tortilla in half. Makes four servings.
Carrots with Parsley
Don Schertz, Green Acres Herb Farm
Clean, slice and cook to tender-crisp one pound of fresh carrots. Drain and toss with two tablespoons butter and one fourth cup chappoed parsley. Serve immediately.
Penne with Peas
Darlene Crump, Crump Family Gardens
- 1 lb penne, cooked, drained and cooled.
- 1 large yellow or red pepper, sliced
- ½ cup fresh peas, cooked
- ½ cup sliced green onions
- ½ blanched sugar snap peas
- ½ cup sliced carrots
- ½ cup fat free mayo
- ½ red wine vinegar
- ¼ cup fat free milk
- ¼ cup minced fresh parsley
- 3 tablespoons Splenda
- 2 teaspoons crushed pepper corns
Combine pasta and vegetables. Blend mayo, milk, parsley, Splenda and peppercorns. Dress pasta mixture. Chill two hours and serve.
Homestead Vinegar dressing
Hans Bishop from PrairiErth Farm
- 2 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons of balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons of whole grain or Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon of minced garlic
- 4 tablespoons of olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
Combine both vinegars, mustard, garlic and salt/pepper. Slowly whisk in olive oil until combined. Can be stored in the refrigerator for up to a week. Serves four.
Red Green Onion Feta Cheese Dip with Grilled Pitas
Jackie Dearing at Dearing County Farms
- 12 red green onions, green part only, grilled and chopped, additional thickly sliced green onions for garnish.
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil, plus additional for grilling pitas
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- Salt and fresh ground pepper
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 pound feta cheese
- 8 pocket less pitas
Place grilled onions, oil, lemon juice and zest in a food processor and process until smooth. Add the feta and garlic and process until combined and smooth. Scrape the mixture into a bowl and garnish with the additional green onion slices.
Heat grill to high. Brush the pitas with the remaining oil and season with salt and pepper to taste. Grill for 1 minute per side or until lightly golden brown. Remove from the grill and cut each pita into eighths. Serve with feta dip.
Michelle Weber at Olive Berry Acres
- 1 pound fresh asparagus, trimmed
- 1 Tblsp Balsamic Vinegar
- 2 Tblsp Olive Oil
- 1 Tblesp fresh garlic
Place all ingredients in a Ziploc bag and allow to marinate for a few hours. Bake in oven at 350 degrees 20 minutes.
Kim Thomas at Trailside Gardens
- 4 cups packed nasturtium leaves
- 3 – 5 garlic cloves
- 1 ½ cups olive oil
- 2 drops Tabasco sauce
- 1 cup walnuts
Combine all of the ingredients in a food processor and process until smooth.